So, as I mentions I am scared about writing an article to submit for publication. Here is the topic and information about the article. I decided on Non-traditional students and how well do they do in traditional classes compared to online classes. I have been teaching post-secondary education for 16 years in a healthcare professions setting. During that time I have had students that range from 18-50+ and it is just as many non-traditional students as traditional. I hope the article will give non-traditional students information about traditional versus online classes that will encourage them, and help them see that there are options to further their education. I know in writing this I will gain confidence in myself to write again for public consumption. I also hope to gain some perspective from the research for this article that will help me understand my non-traditional students better. There are several online resources that I have found that I can glean information from as I search further.
This is the email I received from the Arkansas Life online magazine about submission of an article.
Thanks once again for the call, Shane. Do you want to take a look through the following questions, jot down some notes and then we can go from there?
– One sentence: What’s the crux of the story?
– Five W’s: Who, what, where, when, why—and how?
– Why are we telling this story? Why does it matter?
– Timeliness: What are we saying that hasn’t already been said? Is there a time peg?
– Sources: Who you’ve spoken with? Who you’re planning to reach out to?
– What the narrative arc is going to look like? (Beginning, middle, end)
Thanks so much!
Arkansas Life Magazine
121 East Capitol Avenue
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 244-4330